The Site is a password protected person-to-person community. Our Members have listed their home details for the purpose of pursuing holiday home/hospitality exchange or short-term rental. The information provided by Members is used by the system to generate appropriate “matches” based upon the Member requested services. We also use the information that you provide for the purposes of responding to your requests, customising your future use of the Site, improving the Site and otherwise communicating with you.
Personal information (i.e. name, address and phone numbers) supplied to Online Service Provider by a Member is never shared by Online Service Provider with other Members. It is at the sole discretion of the Member when and to whom he/she will provide personal information.
We may wish to send you e-mail updates from us or our partners, including newsletters, special offers we think you will find valuable, important changes to the functionality of the Web site, and new online services. These e-mail updates and offers may be sent or personalized based on information you provided in joining, in surveys, or requests for newsletters. You may, at any time, decline to receive these e-mail notifications by replying to any e-mail with ‘REMOVE’ in the subject line.
You understand and agree that technical processing of your information is and may be required
- (a) to send and receive messages in your use of the Service;
- (b) to conform to the technical requirements of connecting networks;
- (c) to conform to the limitations of our Service; and
- (d) to conform to other, similar technical requirements.
We will not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion or political affiliations, without explicit consent.
Except as stated above, we will not use or disclose any personally identifiable Members’ information, other than to the extent reasonably necessary:
- (i) to correct technical problems and to technically process your information;
- (ii) to protect the security and integrity of the Site and our Service;
- (iii) to protect our rights and property and the rights and property of others;
- (iv) to take precautions against liability;
- (v) to respond to claims that your information violates the rights or interests of third parties;
- (vi) to the extent required by law or to respond to judicial process; or
- (vii) to the extent permitted under other provisions of law, to provide information to law enforcement agencies or for an investigation on a matter related to public safety.
If you give fax, phone or email details to us you authorise us to contact you by any of those methods. Please let us know if you decide that you no longer wish us to communicate with you by any particular method or if the details we hold on you change.
By visiting our Site and providing us with data you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of the Site and the Services, the data we use and collect in the course of our relationship with you for the purposes identified in this Policy and the Agreement, may be transmitted outside your resident jurisdiction and in particular may be transmitted outside the EEA. You consent to that transfer outside the EEA and outside your resident jurisdiction. The data protection laws outside the EEA may not be as comprehensive as in the EEA but we will at all times adhere to the data protection principles outlined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Additionally you acknowledge that we may sell or buy other assets or someone else may take over the running of the Site and the Services. You acknowledge further that the legal status of Geenee Limited or its owners may change. In these types of transaction, customer information generally is one of the assets transferred. You acknowledge that your data could be transferred as part of that process and you consent to such transfer.
We will store member information during the term of the membership Agreement and up to 1 (one) year after termination of such Agreement, after which, all member information is automatically deleted from our Site and our Services.