France / Occitanie / Giroussens
Maison avec piscine dans terrain boisée
View all photos View map
House in s-w cathares country
Totally renovated two-storey wooden house, 145 m2, with swimming pool and private garage, set in grounds of 2,200 m2.
It is located in an oak wood in the South West of France, 40 km north-east of Toulouse, 40 km from Albi, and 130 km from Carcassonne (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).
Downstairs: Kitchen, large dining room (45 m), two bedrooms, bathroom, toilet, garage and cellar.
Upstairs: Two more large rooms, another bathroom and toilet.
In front of the house there is a terrace with a barbecue.
The house is fully equipped with all the appliances you need: washing machine and tumble dryer, dish washer, oven, fridge freezer, TV, telephone, and a computer with unlimited internet access.
There is room for eight to nine people to sleep, with four double beds, a single folding bed and a mattress.
You are welcome to use our car, and there are several bicycles too.
The access to the house is via a small road, and there is a private yard for car parking. There is a big wooden garage, and there is a swing and crossbar and stands for children, and there is also a big wooden swimming pool.
We live five kilometres from exit n2 7 on the Toulouse-Albi highway.
This is a rural area, but we are not far from other houses, including a farm with animals, and the neighbours are quiet and friendly.
There is also a botanical park nearby, with more than 2,500 different flowers, which is unique in the south-west of France.
A touristy little train provides a link to another village.
Two kilometres behind the house there is a forest of 650 ha which is open to the public, where you can go walking, biking or riding. By the way, there are two horse riding centres nearby, one of which is near the little train station.
In a neighbouring district there is also a ULM (Ultra Light Motorised) aircraft base.
You can also go fishing in the three rivers which cross the district (the Dadou, the Agout and the Tarn), and we can lend you an inflatable boat.
So as you can see, there is certainly no shortage of touristy activities in this area!
Our house is one kilometre from the village of Giroussens, which is typical of our region, with beautiful views over a river and the plain. It's an old village, where potters and painters have settled.
The village has about 1,100 habitants, a bakery, a butcher's shop, a grocery store, a post office, a doctor, a dentist, a pharmacy and two pubs. In the central village square there is a well-known restaurant. For more shopping, there are supermarkets and other shops in Lavaur, five minutes' away by car.
Here are some ideas for visits and things to do:
- Discotheque at LAVAUR, SAINT-LIEUX-LàˆS-LAVAUR, GAILLAC, LISLE-SUR-TARN
- Dancing and village festivals
- Tennis and soccer court in GIROUSSENS
- Cinema in LAVAUR, GAILLAC, SAINT-SULPICE, ALBI, CASTRES
- Swimming pool in LAVAUR, SAINT-SULPICE, GRAULHET, GAILLAC
- Aqualand in ALBI, LAUTREC, CASTRES
- Open-air swimming in several rivers
- Ice rink in CASDTRES, TOULOUSE
- Bowling CASTRES, ALBI, TOULOUSE
Other places to see:
- ALBI (50,000 inhabitants â€“ 45 kms â€“ 30 mins - a UNESCO World Heritage Site) fortified cathedral, Toulouse-Lautrec museum; and Tarn valley (AMBIALET), aqualand and swimming pool
- LAVAUR, (7 kms), old Cathar town, cathedral, archaeological museum, important rural market every Saturday morning, supermarkets and shops of all kinds, swimming pool, hospital
- RABASTENS (7 kms), SAINT-SULPICE (8 kms), LISLE=SUR-TARN (15 kms), REALMONT (35 kms), typical towns with markets, old houses and central food markets
- GAILLAC (23 kms), abbey, old town on the river Tarn, market, well-known vineyards, wineries and wines tour
- CORDES (VIIth century â€“ 50 kms), PUYCELSI, CASTELNAU-DE-MONTMIRAIL, BRUNIQUEL, fortified Cathar "bastides", medieval feast
- LAUTREC, fortified village, wheelmill, museum, aqualand
- SAINT-PAUL-CAP-DE-JOUX, medieval feast
- MAGRIN, castle and museum
- CARMAUX, open-air coal mine and mining museum
- CASTRES, old town, Goya museum, houses above the Agout river, the "Sidobre" site with its huge granite boulders, forests, the natural regional park of Haut Languedoc, granite industries, the Lacaune mountains, aqualand and swimming pool
- MAZAMET, leather town, and the Black Mountain (1200 m)
- TOULOUSE (fourth town of France, with 700,000 inhabitants â€“ 25 mn by the highway), the pink town, the space city, aeronautic, the "Capitole" city hall, art museums, the "Canal du Midi", the Garonne River
Further away (1h 45' â€“ 2h by car):
- MONTAUBAN : The Ingres Museum
- CARCASSONNE : the biggest medieval city of France, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Midi Canal, (TOULOUSE-SàˆTE), a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The Cathar castles: MONTSEGUR, LASTOURS, QUERIBUT
- The PYRENEES and the high mountains
- The MEDITERRANEAN SEA and its beaches
- The TARN CANYON and the MILLAU VIADUCT
- SPAIN and the PRINCIPALITY OF ANDORRA
We will leave you plenty of documents about the area, providing information about the principal events and activities of this summer.
As you will see, our region is quite diversified regarding landscapes, vegetation and habitations, which change very quickly within just a few kilometres.
And then there is the well-known local gastronomy, with the "Cassoulet", the "Duck Magret", the Lacaune salt beef, the desserts, the GAILLAC wines, etc, etc.
There are lots of things still to say about this area, its places of interest, its culture, and its patrimony. But we will let you have the pleasure to discover all that for yourselves!
We are a family with three members: two parents and a student.
No feedback for this property has been given
|Property||Rural Wooded House|
|Sleeps||8 (3 Bedrooms)|
|Airport||Toulouse (40 km)|
When & Where
|Dates not specified|
|Occupation||Teacher / Nurse / Student|